DC sports fans have a great season coming up this year. There are great opportunities to visit the famous sports stadiums and sports bars in Washington, DC. Get out and support your favorite team or find a new one with our DC sports schedule and guide to the best places to get your game on.
The Capital One Arena hosts the Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and Georgetown Hoyas in this famous venue, where F Street meets 7th, just a short walk from Sutton Plaza and M Street Towers. Grab some friends on game day for hoop dreams in the Capital. You can also catch the action on the ice when hockey season starts, with the 2018 Stanley Cup Winners, the Washington Capitals.
You can hear the crack of the bat and catch a fly ball at Nationals Park at 1500 Capitol St., SE. On the riverfront, it’s a short jaunt from The Preston and The Drake. The stadium is the centerpiece of the waterfront neighborhood’s famous bars and restaurants, so show up early to see the Washington Nationals play a Washington DC game.
If you can score some tickets to see the Washington Redskins play at FedEx field, you will need to make a quick run to Landover, Maryland. Most of us watch the game from a nearby landmark sports bar close to downtown and walking distance from The Harper or The Gatsby.
Washington has its own Major League Soccer teams and the DC United now have their own arena in the southwest waterfront. Audi Field seats 20,000 fans of European Football and is a great place to experience a game with DC United and Washington Spirit. Residents of The Regent and The Santa Rosa can hop on public transport and be there in a few minutes.
The Washington Kastles play at the Smith Center, on the George Washington University campus. The Kastles have won six World Team titles and often feature stars and special guest players on the court. Late summer is the time to head out for professional tennis games from
The Best Sports Bars in Washington DC
One of the best Washington DC sports experiences can be had at one of the famous sports bars in the 14th Street and Dupont Circle neighborhoods. Some of the finest seats at the game are right in front of the high-def big screens in local sports bar hotspots like these:
- The Admiral Dupont. This vibrant scene has a massive outdoor patio and a happy hour from four to six p.m., and it is a fabulous place to watch your favorite sports team play. It’s just a few steps down the street from The Windermere Harrowgate.
- City Tap House. A great gastropub you can pop over to from The Preston or any of our Keener Management properties, the City Tap has craft beers and great food like blue crab mac and cheese or Korean short rib fried rice.
- Franklin Hall. This expansive beer hall has a 60-foot bar with rotating drafts and a walk-up kitchen. This great destination is just up the street from The Harper and is the go-to spot for game day with the crowd.
- Blackfinn Ameripub. This downtown DC sports bar has game day specials and happy hour bites including watermelon tuna tacos, hot Nashville chicken sliders, and a $25 deal on the whole happy hour menu. Mosey over early from the M Street Towers or Sutton Plaza for the big game.
- Ivy and Coney. This neighborhood favorite was built as a spot to cheer for someone other than the home team, originally for Chicago and Detroit sports fans, but DC sports fans also love to show up on game day for cheese curds and loaded Chicago chili dogs. A quick stroll from The Gatsby or The Regent, Ivy and Coney has a great game day experience.
Do you wish you lived close to the hottest sports bars and centrally located to the nearby sports arenas? Residents of Keener Management properties have some of the best addresses in DC. Not only can you enjoy the game at the stadium or in a historic local sports bar, you can gather with friends at your rooftop or terrace patio and make your own game day party.
Our luxury apartment homes in DC also offer everything you need for your own sports enthusiasm, with fitness centers, gyms, pools, and top of the line equipment on site. Check our available apartments today and get yourself into the action for the DC sports season.