With summer just around the corner, now is a great time to give your apartment a makeover to change its appearance. Summertime is all about bright, warm, and exciting colors. You could also choose to decorate using specific themes, such as a beach theme or nautical theme.
- Bedroom – Swap out your duvet, sheets, and pillow covers for ones that are colorful or which match your theme.
- Living Room – Add a new rug in a color or design that brightens up the room. Make your own couch cushion cases to put over the existing cushions to give them a new look.
- Dining Room – Replace the tablecloth or placemats with lively summer colors.
Other DIY Decorating Ideas
- Use decorative framed prints and hang these in different areas of the apartment.
- Take a clear vase and fill it with seashells or brightly colored rocks. You could also put sand in the bottom and top it off seashells or other decorative items.
You could also search Washington DC luxury apartments, like The Drake, available through us here at Keener Management, and move into a new home for a change of scene. The Drake is just one of our properties, and it is conveniently located near Dupont Circle, where you will find everything you need to decorate your new apartment, with the help of local businesses like:
- D. Ireland Interior Architecture & Design
- Tabletop DC
- West Elm
To learn more about our properties, please feel free to browse our website further or contact us at (202) 234-1355.