Fall is finally here and that means seasonal cocktails are coming to the District. Washingtonians have tried and raved about bar menus with delicious spiked hot chocolates, ciders and fall-inspired drinks to sweep us into the essence of autumn.
As Brightest Young Thing had mentioned, The Gibson is one of D.C.’s cherished mainstays that is known for an ever-changing bar menu, and during this fall season they have developed a cocktail menu you can’t miss. Bar Dupont in Dupont Circle has also added a new delectable fall cocktail menu inspired by the warmth and brisk cold that autumn brings.
According to BYT, The Gibson has 11 cocktails on their fall menu, which they raved is even better than their spring menu. Here are some of the cocktails that they released on Oct. 27 that some of their Instagram followers love:
- A Long Shot: This drink is made with Beefeater Gin, Yellow Chartreuse, Akvavit, Lemon, and Pistachio Orgeat. It’s cool yellow tone reminds us of the changing and falling leaves of autumn.
- Growing Pains: This drink, said to be inspired by Beyonce’s latest album “Lemonade,” is a beer cocktail mixed with Pig’s Nose, Apricot Liquer, grapefruit, rose water, lemon juice and Ness Lager, giving it a floral and bitter taste, yet with an appearance that reminds you of sweet tea in the summertime.
- The Cat’s Meow: This cocktail is made with red wine, Cruzan Black Strap Rum, vanilla, lime, and champagne, combining a taste of sweetness and strong acidity to pack a punch with flavor.
- Ain’t No Tellin’: This cocktail reminds us of the holidays. Made with Avua Cachaca Oak, Cinnamon, Chocolate Bitters, and Orange Bitters, this drink is the perfect fall cocktail to try.
Click here for more information about The Gibson.
Located in the Dupont Circle Hotel, Bar Dupont is one of the best bars in the neighborhood. To celebrate the season, they have also released seven new flavors inspired by fall. Here is the list of their fall cocktails this year that you can enjoy on their outdoor patio before it‘s too cold to enjoy:
- Jug Band: Made with Bulliet Bourbon, Leopold Bros Coffee Liquor and espresso whip, this cocktail combines the warmth of booze and combines it with a warm, creamy coffee taste.
- Count Rugen: Black Strap Rum, Fino Cherry and Almond Syrup combine to make a delicious mix of sweetness and warmth.
- Evil Eye: This chocolate-flavored cocktail mixes with Great King St. Scotch, Crème de Cacao and egg white to make a delicious spiked version of a creamy hot chocolate.
- The Duke: The Duke contains Leopold Bros Apple Whiskey, Applejack, and Lemon Bitters, combining a flavor reminiscent of warm apple cider on a cool fall day.