Nothing says summertime like finding fun ways to enjoy the outdoors, and one of the best options in the city is to spend an evening under the stars unwinding with a great award-winning movie.
Living in D.C., we have a lot of options to see outdoor films at various locations across the metro area. Screenings often take place in parks, soccer fields, at the riverfront, local amphitheaters, or just about any green space.
This summer, you are guaranteed to find the perfect lineup no matter what kind of flick is your fave.
- If a summer blockbuster is what you crave, this summer’s roster includes hits such as Jurassic World, Men in Black, Apollo 13, and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.
- Get your laugh on with any of the great comedy films on the list: Bridesmaids or Zootopia, for starters.
- For foreign film buffs, Chinatown Park might be just the spot you are looking for with upcoming titles Meet the Patels (Indian) and Only Yesterday (Japanese).
- All about the classics? This summer you can catch The Manchurian Candidate, Singin’ in the Rain, or To Kill a Mockingbird.
- Treat yourself to a throwback movie night and catch screenings of Ferris Bueller’s Day off, E.T., Thelma and Louise, or the original Ghostbusters.
Grab a blanket, some lawn chairs and pack a delicious picnic then head out to see one of these shows with your friends or your special someone. It is guaranteed to be a good time!
Showtimes vary by location (typically dusk/sunset or between 8:00 pm-8:30 pm) Check out the schedule for more details.
It is important to note: when the weather fails to cooperate, most screening sites update their cancellations via Twitter, so be sure to connect with the site on social media for the latest updates.
Click here to see the full line up and all the details for outdoor films this summer!